What is GST Registration?
GST Registration is the procedure of registering with (GST) Goods and Services Taxes (GST) Department, GST is an Indirect tax levied on most goods and services sold for domestic consumption. Consumers pay the GST, but it is redirected to the government by the businessmen selling the products and services. In other words, GST generates revenue for the government. Goods & Service Tax rates vary from 0% - 28% depending on the type of service or Nature of Goods the business is selling. The new GST registration procedure in India should be followed for the GST registration procedure. The service of professionals can be taken for GST services.
Persons required to register under GST
1. Annual Turnover Criteria: Entities with turnover exceeds of Rs.40 lakhs (supply of goods in normal state), Rs. 20 lakhs (supply of goods/services in Normal state) Rs.20 lakhs (supply of goods in a specific state) or Rs. 10 Lakhs (Supply in a specific state) and above would be required to register under GST.
2. Inter-State Supply: GST registration is mandatory in case of a supply of goods or services from one state to another (inter-state).
3. E-Commerce Operator: Every e-commerce operator and the person who supplies via e-commerce operator is to be registered under GST.
4. Existing Taxpayers: Entities having service tax or VAT or central excise registration must be registered under GST.
5. Casual Taxable Persons: This category includes the person who occasionally undertakes supply of goods or services having no fixed place of business.
Enter the details whether you are a Taxpayer/GST Practitioner/Tax Deductor, the State/UT and District you reside in, Name of the taxpayer/GST practitioner, etc., as stated in the PAN card, PAN number, E-mail ID, and contact details to fill out GST REG-01 and submit the same
You will get an E-Mail and OTP on your mobile to verify and login into the account
Save the application reference number [ARN] sent to your contact details and e-mail ID after verification. Fill out GST ARN number and attach supportive documents where they are required
Complete the automatically generated form GST REG-03 in case further information is required. After verifying of all information provided, a certificate of registration will be issued within three working day
GST registration usually takes between 3-7 working days if clarification is requested then the time limit is 15-20 working days
The documents required are based on the type of business you are operating. The following documents are necessary for GST Registration: -
Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the business entity
Passport Size Photograph
Aadhar card or Driving License or Passport
Address proof of business premises
Bank Statement or Cancel cheque or Passbook
Certificate of Incorporation in the case of Limited Liability Company, OPC or LLP
Partnership Deed in case of partnership firm
Opening page of Bank statement held in the name of a Business entity or Proprietor.
Letter of authorization or board resolution
consultation with domain expert lawyers
4,500+ consultations facilitated
Dedicated case managers
15,000+ empanelled lawyers