What Action Can Be Taken Against Cheating By A Private Sector Bank?

What action can be taken against cheating by a private sector bank?

Free Legal Advice - banking financial

Posted by: Tasnim Khan

Posted on: 2018-09-19

A complaint is to be filed at the office of the Ombudsman under whose jurisdiction the bank is located. Any grievance related to services of the bank are to be reported to the ombudsman in whose territorial jurisdiction the complainant resides. There are no charges for filing a complaint. However the ombudsman can reject the application for grievance if it has not been addressed to the grievance redressal of the bank first, or if the subject has been dealt with another forum, like a court of law or a consumer court. Also, the complaint will not be considered if more than one year has passed since the customer has heard from the bank, or 13 months since the date of representation to the bank. If the settlement made by the ombudsman is not satisfactory, it is best advised to approach the appellate authority, which would be the Governor of the RBI.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at Lawtendo.com and has been responded by one of the banking financial at Lawtendo.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at Lawtendo.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer