NRI Property Related Matter.

Dear Sir, I have a piece of land at Kotdwara Uttarakhand. We three brothers have equal share in it. I, am an elder one. One of my brothers lives in Ottawa Canada. The other lives in California USA. I have proposed to sell this land to a party. Both of my younger brothers have sent their General Power of Attorney in my favour through Indian High Commission in Ottawa Canada and Consulate General of India in San Francisco in USA properly attested. My advocate says that still my brothers will have to come in India within 6 months of the deal of the land – Registering of the land. Now, in this matter I have requested you to give clear advice. Thanking You

Free Legal Advice - property dispute

Posted by: Prafulla Rawat

Posted on: 2020-12-11

Dear Sir, If Power of Attorney is given in your favor you can sell outright. As per my knowledge there is no necessity of your brother’s coming to India. Better directly approach Sub-Registrar of his staff members and clear your bonafide doubt.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the property dispute at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer