Release Deed By Legal Heir On Future Property Rights

In a joint family with regards to an ancestral property, is it possible for me whose name does not exist in the title of the lands because the "property is in the sole name of my mother who is living" register release deed to my sister whose name too is not in the title of the lands. In other words, I can register a release deed in the present day permanently releasing my future rights to ancestor lands that I will inherit 20-30 years later?

Free Legal Advice - property dispute

Posted by: Anupama

Posted on: 2020-12-11

Dear Sir, Yes, you can execute Release Deed relinquishing all your future rights over such property or part of it.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the property dispute at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer