Sir,my son's wife filef498 a after both agree and filed mutual divorce ( 80percent amt she taken first)in second motion she said I not take divorce and amt return back in court.Then court dismiss the case.we want divorce. PL clarify what we can do. Thanks Baldev

Free Legal Advice - divorce and alimony

Posted by: Baldev

Posted on: 2018-10-26

It seems that there was no MOU/Settlement deed made between them, that is the reason she retracted. Your son should not had paid 80% on the first motion. Generally 20%25% is made on the first motion followed by the remaining balance on her moving the second motion along with the husband. Now that she refuses to go for MCD, you have no alternative other than to go for contested divorce on the ground of cruelty. You can contact me for consultation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the divorce and alimony at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer