Financial Claims From Legally Separated Parents

My parents got legally separated when I was 13 years old and left me to my grandparents. They remarried different partners and have their own families now. Im 40 years old female and they had never helped me financially. Can I claim my share from them now. Im financially not stable and need my share but they say that I cant claim anything after so many years.

Free Legal Advice - family dispute

Posted by: Manisha

Posted on: 2021-01-25

If you are financially sound, you can't claim share from your parents because that is there income earned by them

You are equally beneficiary as other who born from the second marriage. You can claim for her share in ancestral proparty but can't self acquire of both father and mother.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the family dispute at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer