FIR Cancellation

My relative had a bike accident with some injury and 2 wheeler gets damaged in front side. While filling fir we wanted to lodge complaint against unknown person but police said that they visited the spot and knows other bike number so they mentioned it in fir. Fir is under 279, 337& 338. Can we cancel the fir, if yes how?

Free Legal Advice - motor accident

Posted by: Shridhar

Posted on: 2021-04-30

It cannot be cancelled. It can be amended.

either amend the fir or quash the FIR in high court

You can either go for an amendment of FIR or get it quashed under section 482 CRPC.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the motor accident at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer